Photo Credit: The Community Farm of Ann Arbor
Attention all experienced biodynamic farmers! The Community Farm of Ann Arbor is seeking a head farmer or head farmers. Located in the greater Ann Arbor area, there are almost too many pros to list for this beautiful historic farm, but we’ll give it a shot:
- established in 1988, it was the first CSA in Michigan
- an opportunity to learn from retiring farmers Anne and Paul, who have 26 years of experience
- they have a cow, 4 goats, bees and “a flock of chickens named Jessica”
- they use a solar tractor!
- the farm has a non-exempt educational arm, which means farm tours and teaching opportunities
- serves a dedicated community of close to 80 families
Interested applicants (as an individual OR a team) should click HERE to learn more about the position and the farm. They’re looking to hire soon, pay is dependent on experience, and consider these two things while you’re applying:
The two most important aspects of the farm are that it is Biodynamic and that it is a CSA. Ideal candidates will have: a familiarity with Biodynamics and a willingness to undertake the spiritual work it requires, and a commitment to original CSA principals in operating through the development of consensus.