EarthWorks Urban Farm are looking for a Community Outreach Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the work of the CSK EarthWorks Urban Farm team by interacting with and supporting the local community by informing those in the community of EarthWorks services, scheduling volunteer opportunities, and providing valuable information regarding initiatives within EW and the Capuchin Soup Kitchen.
Essential Duties and Tasks Include:
- Demonstrate, exemplify and support the Capuchin Charism and Provincial Mission, Vision and Values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities.
- Manage the Earthworks office and indoor workspace, creating a welcoming environment.
- Schedules volunteer groups in collaboration with CSK Volunteer Coordinator Team
- Send out email updates.
- Update social media resources.
- Create occasional promotional documents.
- Answer EarthWorks email, phone, and snail mail, providing answers or directing messages to who is best suited to answer.
- Provide Tours of EarthWorks.
- Coordinate tabling events.
- Coordinate speaking engagements and deliver public speaking engagements.
- Assist in greenhouse and fields.
- Assist with market days Comply with Province and ministry policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
The desired education and experience level for this position are: A High School Diploma, strong customer service and communication skills, strong attention to detail. Experience in administration, volunteer coordination and public speaking are strongly preferred. Valid drivers license required. Chauffeur’s license preferred.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com and make sure to include EarthWorks Community Outreach Specialist in the subject line.
Alternatively you can send the same documents to:
Attention: Human Resources EarthWorks Community Outreach Specialist,
The Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
1820 Mt. Elliott Street
Detroit, MI 48207
If you would like more information about the great work that EarthWorks does, click HERE