Civic Works, Inc. seeks a creative, independent individual who has leadership experience and a shown passion for Food Access, Urban Greening or Farm initiatives. This new position will work to maintain and expand programs that are working to promote urban agriculture, provide higher access to fresh fruits and vegetables, and train individuals for jobs in the community Food and Farm sectors. The selected candidate will work 40 hours per week and receive salary plus benefits including life insurance, short and long-term disability, supported health care, vision and dental plus a 401k with a company match. While based out of Clifton Park, the selected candidate will be required to travel to the programs often and is expected to have his/her own vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
- Coordinate and direct the Food and Farm related initiatives at Civic Works which currently include Real Food Farm, Little Gunpowder Farm, Farm Alliance, Baltimore Orchard Project, Food Forest and related activities.
- Work with the Fund Development Director to acquire the necessary funding for Food and Farm initiatives.
- Work with the Fund Development Director to provide timely reporting for grants, especially the AmeriCorps grants.
- Insure that data is being properly tracked, reported and analyzed for internal planning and grant matrix.
- Manage and track budgeting for all related programs.
- Assist with CW wide events and integrating programs not directly related to Food and Farm.