Homemade For Sale is a perfect guide to start your own at home kitchen buisness. Co-authors John Ivanko & Lisa Kivirist provide a clear roadmap as the first authoritative guide to go from idea and recipe to final product.
Widely known as “cottage food legislation,” over 42 states and various Canadian provinces currently have varying forms of laws that encourage home-cooks to create and sell to the public specific, “non-hazardous” food items, often defined as those that are high-acid, like pickles, or low moisture, like breads. In addition to this publication, forrager.com provides an interactive guide to learning about the varying laws by location.
To get started, buy the book through the Homemade For Sale website and have your own copy to help you through these important issues:
• Product development and testing
• Organizing your kitchen
• Marketing and developing your niche
• Packaging and labeling
• Advertising and public relations
• Structuring your business
• Bookkeeping for your enterprise
• Managing liability, risk and government regulations
• Scaling up or staying small