American Farmland Trust is excited to announce that the next Harvesting Opportunities in New York Conference will be held November 4th in Albany! This conference is for people who care about New York agriculture and want to work together to grow local food economies, protect farmland from development, promote environmental stewardship on farms and support the next generation of farmers. Conference participants will include: farmers, public officials from all levels of government, land trusts, local food and public health leaders, institutional food-service managers, agricultural organizations, environmentalists, conservation professionals and concerned citizens.
The conference will offer nearly 20 workshops with more than 50 speakers. Conference tracks include:
- Save Farms in Your Community
- · Buy Local
- · Keep Farmers on the Land
- · Agricultural Stewardship in a Changing Climate
- · Local Agriculture and Land Use Leadership Institute
- WHAT: American Farmland Trust’s Harvesting Opportunities in New York Conference
- · WHERE: Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York
- · WHEN: November 4, 8:30 to 5:00
To learn more about the conference and to register Visit the Harvesting Opportunities Webpage! Students, beginning farmers and others are eligible for need-based scholarships. For information on press passes e mail Laura Ten Eyck, AFT’s Senior Manager of New York Programs and Outreach at email@example.com or call (518) 581-0078 ext. 300.