The farming with draft horses workshop is designed for participants, who have some experience in working with draft horses and would like to learn methods and skills so that they can use their horse(s) for farm related tasks. Walt and Kris, of Ruby and Amber’s Organic Oasis, a certified organic and biodynamic farm, personally conduct the workshop. The workshop is limited to 6 hands on participants to ensure plenty of hands on learning. There are a limited number of observer slots available at each workshop. Observers are allowed to observe, and ask questions at the workshop, but are not allowed direct participation with the animals or equipment.
• Safety tips for working around horses and equipment
• Harnessing and harness adjustment to insure proper angle of draft for different equipment
• Driving lines (reins) setup and adjustment to position horses in proper relationship to the work at hand
• Plowing with a team or single, including plow adjustment
• Discing, harrowing, and using sweeps with a team or single horse and adjustment of equipment
• Single horse cultivation and team riding cultivator use and adjustment
• Introduction to the mower and hay rake
• Other farm implements
• Information, resources, publication discussions
• Equipment for farming and logging discussions
The workshop price is 250.00 per person.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.