Farm Aid is pleased to announce that Farm Aid 2012 will be held at Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania on Saturday, September 22, 2012. Farm Aid holds its annual benefit concert in a different location each year to shine a spotlight on the great work of family farmers in diverse regions across the country. This year we are thrilled to be coming to the heart of Pennsylvania’s farm country!
Farm Aid offers a national stage to showcase the vital importance of independent family farmers to America—farmers offering practical solutions to the economic, environmental and public health challenges we face and strengthening communities and our sense of place. By producing good food, building strong economies and caring for our natural resources, family farmers continue to form a strong, healthy foundation for the nation. They are true American heroes!
There are a number of ways for family farmers and food and farm activists to get involved:
- Media - In the weeks leading up to Farm Aid 2012 and during the concert itself, opportunities will emerge for family farmers to tell their stories. Farm Aid dedicates time and energy to connecting farmers with the media. For more information, see the “Media Opportunities” attachment and “Spokesperson Registration” form. If you are interested in participating, please register with Alicia Harvie at email@example.com no later than September 1st.
- FarmYard - Each year we set aside a special place at the concert venue called the FarmYard, where farmers, farm activists and concertgoers gather. While everyone is encouraged to stop by the FarmYard throughout the day, we like to schedule farmers and activists at different times to keep the space lively and better connect spokespersons with the media. Interested parties can indicate their interest to be scheduled in the FarmYard on the “Spokesperson Registration” form.
- HOMEGROWN Village – An integral part of the Farm Aid experience, the HOMEGROWN Village is a festive area for concertgoers to learn more about good food and the family farmers who produce it. We are seeking creative, interactive exhibits that educate and entertain. Please see the attached memo for more information. If you are interested in exhibiting in the HOMEGROWN Village, contact Caroline Malcolm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are due August 1st.
- 2nd National Meeting of Farm Advocates – Farm Aid is proud to host the 2nd National Meeting of Farm Advocates. This event will bring together beginning and experienced farm advocates from around the country for roundtable discussions, mentoring and networking opportunities for individuals and organizations interested in developing skills in assisting farmers. For more information, please contact Joel Morton at email@example.com.
- Local activities and events – Farm groups and farmers often come together to host local activities and events around concert time. If you would like to learn more about getting involved in planning such an event, please contact Hilde Steffey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets – Concert tickets will be available to Farm Aid members beginning July 10th and to the general public on July 13th (www.farmaid.org/tickets). A limited number of reduced-rate tickets are reserved for family farmers and farm group staff. Please contact Caroline Malcolm at email@example.com for more information. Ticket orders must be submitted by August 15th.
We hope you can join us in the celebration! In the coming weeks we will be sending along additional details for events and logistics associated with Farm Aid 2012. Please feel free to be in touch if you have any questions.
All the best,
Hilde, Alicia, Joel, Caroline & the whole Farm Aid crew!